Sunday, August 15, 2010

dengue

I was feeling very sick since last friday. And despite having bed rest for the national day long weekend, I did not get well. Very severe headache which was not controllable by pain killers. Seen 4 doctors and finally on wednesday morning, I went to see doctor and get referred to hospital. The neuro dept in Tan Tock Seng hosptal supposed to be better, so I went ttsh. Was feeling super not well. Thought maybe I was going to die??

The A and E dept was quite effifcient. And within hours, I was admitted and sent for alot of test. Done a CT scan, and MRI also on same day. Blood test. X ray. But even on 2nd day of admission, the blood test still din pick up dengue, so I was sent to do a spinal liquid extraction. I still can sense my back feeling a little uncomfortble until now.Hope I dun get permanent damage for this test.

It was only on friday evening the blood test eventually pick up dengue. And since positive for dengue, the doctors are all relieved. Have been on drip and anti bioics the 1st day I admitted. after the positive in dengue, the drip and anti biotics all removed.

And I was allowed to go home on saturday, which was yesterday. currently still feeling tired, but on the way to full recovery.

No comments: