Saturday, November 24, 2007

what i want

I think my in laws wanted to have a grandson badly. Yesterday nite my hubby reveal that my xiao mo tou is going to have a sister. My MIL remark was "you4 shi4 yi1 ge4 nu3 de4" (another girl again). She has 3 granddaughters now, but no grandson yet. Next year she will have 4 granddaughters.Then she mentioned that "its time to change flowers" (huan4 hua1), dun know what she meant.

To me, gender is no longer important. What I want is just a healthy baby. My ideal number of children is 3. I have already told my hubby that he have to be prepare to have 3 daughters. My hubby likes daughters, so he doesn't mind. But i guess my in laws will be very disappointed.

My own parent side is ok as my girl is the 1st grandchild in the entire extended family. Only one cousin is married but no kids yet. So my girl got all the attention she want from my family side. She is like a little "xiao3 ba4 wang1", no one fight with her for anything.

As long as my baby is healthy and normal, doesn't matter girl or boy, and i dun mind having a 3rd girl, as long as she is healthy and normal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, when I got married, my MIL wanted my mom to get roses. Think she asked for 2 red and 1 pink. The red roses suppose to stand for son and pink roses suppose to stand for daughters. Wonder if your MIL is referring to this. I strongly agree that a healthy baby is more important than any other thing.
Lin

Anonymous said...

Just got the facts from my mom and it is that white rose represent son and red rose daughter. But as white flower doesn't seem appropriate for wedding, my MIL request for pink roses.
Lin