Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The miracle weed or coincidence?



My small girl has been very cranky since the 1st month. And we had a hard time, esp when she wants to sleep. She will cry for quite a long time b4 settled down to sleep. Very tiring esp for my mum who is taking care of her almost everyday.have been enduring for abt 8 months, and one day my mum suddenly thought of a certain kind of weed.( belief passed down from long time ago, maybe from some old folks)
Last time when my mum babysit my cranky and itchy fingers cousin, she also use the weed to "deal" with him.....

My father went dun know some ulu place to pluck the weeds. Its actually not too uncommon, it grows on the fences and certain places where they can have support, as they are those crawling kind of weeds. Last time my father used to pluck near the Jurong East/west canel, but now the place has got limited weeds.

My mum boiled the weeds, and used the water to bathe my small girl. Put some fresh weeds in her pillow and in the room.

Actually the weed has got a very strong smell which smells like "chicken shit", in hokkien the weed is called " kuei sai tin" means "chicken shit weed".

I try to find the weed somewhere over the past weekend, and to confirm my findings, I just need to smell the leaves of the weed and if it smells like chicken shit, then I got the right one....haha....can't believe I'm doing this kind of thing.

There was once my hubby ask me if my big girl has poo poo, like got shit smell. And I smell my girl, theres no shit smell, then I realised the "power" of the "chcken shit weed" which I stuff inside my big girl's pillow..haha... The whole room got a funni smell. But it really doesn't smell that bad.

whether its the power of the "chicken shit weed" or its just coincidence, I dun care so much. The fact is, my small girl in the same week where the weed is used, has stopped being cranky b4 sleep time and can really sleep better.

personally, I felt that if its the power of the weed, then there should be some scientific reason behind the weed. Maybe the smell from the weed is soothing? has some calming effect? just like some plants like lavender, they have a stress reliefing effect, so I supposed the weed also work in the same way? Or can it be just coincidence? hmm..........

Now my father over the weekend will go and find the weed and pluck like supply for 2 weeks. Sometimes I happened to see the weed, I will also pluck some back. Just plucking the weeds make me feels like I'm back to my kampong days....but then I'm now so paraniod about insects/spiders on the weed and I know I'm not the same old kampong girl already. And if I dun say, I dun think anyone whould have guessed I once lived in kampong.

No comments: