Friday, April 29, 2011

satisfaction

yesterday I went for a tuition. And the girl told me, her brother's chinese oral has improved. And her mother think it's because of my teaching. Felt so satisfied after hearing that. The boy in pri 6. Been tutoring him for 2 years already. This year will be the PSLE year. I don't believe in "intensive practise" just b4 exam, I believe skills especially for language needs to be build up slowly over time. Same for oral. If evey lesson I give him oral practise on 2 pictures, It is better than I give him 30 pictures just b4 his exam. So proven that this method works. Now he can say the picture very easily, like memorize from model answers...

The family going to move house, the mother quite worried that I will not continue with the tuition. But I told her no matter what, I will carry on until the boy finish his psle. As for the girl, this year she is sec 4, so in july, her tuition will stop already, as she "graduated" from the subject. sometimes I make my life difficult by taking assignments that are not suitable in days and timings, but I think if it benefits the students, and if its not very long, I can persist with it. And if i took a student in, I will not drop the student on my part. To me it is a responsibilty that I have to fufil. Of course if the inconvenience is more than 1 year, I need to rethink about it. So now I have a bit of problem rushing back home to fetch my girls by 7pm. And sometimes I just have to forgo the feeder bus and run 2 bus stops to reach home by 7pm. Or maybe take cab etc. But its good excercise for me too. Have not been doing any running since leaving school.

No comments: