Friday, March 30, 2012

be safe

Recently there's alot of "kidnapping" news on facebook. We used to have a period of being "safe" in the country. Now its no longer the same. Now i am very conscious of my children's safety. Used to think that they will be safe reading by themselves in library or book store. But now I have to make sure they are with me at all times.
And I just seen a photo of a boy's left hand which is badly injured. He was pushed down the escalator by someone. And left hand got stuck in the escalator. And all the fingers look so badly injured. And even little finger needs 18 stitches. Though I am not related to the 4 year old boy, But my heart felt so pained when I saw the photo. And I dont know why, my tears just rolled. I hope the boy will not be tramatize by happened and i hope his hand can recover back to original state.

Nowadays people are really getting more impatient and they dont even bother to look out for elderly and young children. Children around 4 years old, they are sometimes not even 0.9m in height. If you dont watch out for them, you cannot see them, And they will be easily knocked down. No matter how urgent a person is, one should always look infront and see if there are toddlers, and not just squeeze and dash and knock them down. These people may be singaporean, may not be singaporean, but most probably they are not parents yet, so they dont feel the pain. Just looking at the photo on facebook is enough to send a chill down my spine.

Hope everyone can help to keep our children safe.

No comments: