Thursday, March 08, 2012

tone deaf?

Am I tone deaf?
I have a feeling i am.
how come i dont seems to hear the difference between different cords and sounds.
And I dont know if they are similar too.
My hubby say I must be tone deaf.
I think music sense is really something that is inborned.
My hubby without any teacher teaching, can self learned guitar and change cords without looking. And he can find cords for songs without having to know the cords in advance. And can tune the guitar accurately without using a tuner. For piano also, though only learn grade 1, he is so sensitive to the different tones, pitch, sounds, notes. But i cannot even differientiate between 2 guitar string sounds, all sounds the same to me. yah....i think i am tone deaf. But if I really put an effort to learn, i think the most i can do will be to play the cords of a song and improve in the speed of cord changing. But i will not be able to sing and play at the same time. there is really some kind of music deficiency somewhere. once i start singing, i cannot even strum. not able to multi task. and can never know where to start singing when the guitar is playing.........must be some kind of deficiency somewhere...maybe tone deaf or what.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get your hubby to join yr gal for the music class instead of u la!