Tuesday, July 12, 2011

head lice

This morning when I took bus to go for tuition. I was standing near to the door. Just next to the seat of a sec sch malay girl. She was sitting down. And I noticed alot of white stuff on her hair, so I keep looking at her hair. And then I saw a head lice crawling on a strand of her hair. Felt so sick after I saw that.

I never pid so much attention to people's hair until lately, when my girls got this head lice thing from the childcare centre. Infected by other kids. And several of the kids in the centre got it. So I had a hard time catching head lices. Activated my whole family to catch. Spent every amount of my free time to search their hair. And of coz I bought the anti head lice shampoo from pharmacy and also the head lice comb, which works like miracle.

After combing, the head lices just come off together with the comb and I killed them.
Sound gross, but thats the dirty job a mother have to do. Ever since then, I am so paranoid with this head lice thing. And now its is a habit of mine to comb my girls' hair twice in a day, b4 they go to sch and at night b4 they sleep. Using the head lice comb. I make sure they go to school clean and dun infect others. But are the rest of the parents doing the same too? I doubt so. So i just keep my fingers crossed and hope they will not get infected by others.

And now whenever i go, I tend to look very detail into people's hair. esp on bus. I think i am an expert in head lice problem. And i get irritated when I see people who dun practise basic hygenie.

Its not wrong not to be pretty, nothing wrong with having untidy and unmanageable hair, nothing wrong with looking terrible everyday. but at least have to maintain and keep clean. The very basic is clean. And to me, clean is good enough. I used to have very terrible hair in my sec sch and jc days. But at least I keep my hair clean lor. And dun go around infect others with head lice. but of coz with messy hair i dun look good, but people can choose not to look at me, so I am not actually causing damage to them. Dun have to be pretty to please others, but have to be clean and not cause inconvenience to others.

No comments: