Monday, March 07, 2011

place others above self

Alot of things, we should not be too自我.
If we see ourselves as the main character in life, and everyone should revolve around us, then we are wrong.
Things should not be taken for granted.
No doubt ownself is important. We should respect ourselves 1st b4 we learn to respect others.
But the care and compassion part is something that should not be missing in life.
I do not want my kids to grow up to be self centred people who only think for themselves. I want them to have a heart, to feel for people.
Alot of people who are self centred, are due to their upbringing.
I have to keep reminding myself that I want my kids to learn to be considerate to others and learn to think from other's point of view.
I teach them to share their seat on bus and mrt and if possible give their seats up to the needy. How do I showed it to them? I stand while they sit, and when the seat beside them is empty, I do not go over to sit, even though they ask me to. But I will tell them the seat should be given to the people who need it more. She should be satisfied with me standing beside her. I do not need to sit with her.

And when waiting for mrt, I always tell her to let people come out b4 going into the train. And when going supermarket, I always tell her not to stand at the entrance or door and block other people's way. Have to think of others and be considerate. If I tell her do not stand at the door, people will knock you down, it become placing herself b4 others, and she will always think she is the biggest in the world. I must let her think in the other way. Do not stand at the door, becoz you are blocking others. You are causing incovenience to others.

I hope she will become a caring, considerate person in future. Not a self centred one and not one who always think of herself 1st.

No comments: